Quality Truck Tyres is a company owned by Rodney and Karin McIver, based in Newcastle, New South Wales. The tyres are imported directly from the Jinyu factory in China. Quality Truck Tyres import a large range of tyres including truck tyres, bus tyres and car tyres. We also import Easy Change tyre changing and balancing machines for Trucks and Cars.
The McIver Story
Rod McIver was born into the Transport industry. with his Grandfather founding McIver Bros Livestock Transport, which was one of the largest Livestock Transprt's in Queensland.
Picture above: Rod McIver sitting on top of the Livestock Crate.
Rod Started working within the family business from the early age of fifteen in the welding shop building stock crates. He then progressed into the Tyre Fitting bay, fitting a wide range of Truck Tyres.
He was later approached by Queensland Transport and became a Driving examiner for Fourteen years.
Whilst in the job role, Rod gave talks at local Queensland country high schools giving talks to year 11 & 12 students about the dangers of driving.
In 2008, Rod moved to Newcastle NSW and married Karin, together they started up QT Tyres.
Rod & Karin work great as a team and are very passionate about seeing Transport companies getting a fair deal, along with good old fashion customer service.
- QT Tyres endeacours to create and maintain a positve and supportive team environment, which encourages and helps one another at all times. This enables the team at QT Tyres to have fun, whilst also being productive. We try to create an environment that nurtures open communication and enthusiasm.
Customer service excellence
- At QT Tyres, it is our aim to go above and beyond for our customers. We try to always say yes first, and then work out a way to do it, and for our customer to know that nothing is to much trouble.
- We believe in Quality, which is why we named our business Quality Truck Tyres. Our Jinyu Brand is a premium brand that we import directly from the Jinyu Factory. We extend quality to everything that we do including the way we treat our staff and customers, our suppliers and everyone that is involved in QT.
- We treat our staff and our customers with dignity and respect.
- Our business principles reflect the highest standards ethically and in all aspects of our business we act with integrity.
- QT Tyres makes every effort to ensure the health and safety of employees to provide an accident free work place on and off site.
- Training and continual learning is part of the QT philosophy.
- We love getting feedback from our customers, whether is be good or bad, so we can continue to learn and achive great results in providing excellent products and service.
- We encourage our employees to take initiative and to always give their best. We believe that adopting an error embracing environment helps our employees to lead and make good decisions.